Meraki's vegan hair takes a holistic approach to hair health with its gemstone infused formula
- Hi, I'm Crystal, and this is Sustainability Week, where we'll be looking at different companies who are choosing to put the planet first. Today we're going to be talking about Meraki, an awesome, organic, cruelty-free, vegan, non-toxic hair line. Let's talk to the founder of Meraki, Amber Makupson. Welcome, Amber. Tell me a little bit about Meraki and what it's all about.
AMBER MAKUPSON: Meraki is a non-toxic, vegan haircare line. Our products are formulated with ayurvedic ingredients, gemstones, and crystals to nourish your mind, body, soul, and hair.
- I love the name Meraki. Can you tell me what it means?
AMBER MAKUPSON: The word "Meraki" means to do something with love, soul, and creativity and to put the essence of yourself inside your work.
- I have here the Match Made in Heaven set. Can you tell me a little bit more about what's in the set?
AMBER MAKUPSON: Our Match Made in Heaven set includes our Quartz Conditioner. Our Quartz Conditioner actually won Best Conditioner in "Women's Health Magazine." And then we have one of our bestsellers, which would be our Amethyst Shampoo. It's actually a clarifying shampoo so--
AMBER MAKUPSON: --if you have curly hair, it works to kind of, like, get out all of the product that you have in your hair.
- What is the message at the foundation of Meraki?
AMBER MAKUPSON: At the core, we want to drive inclusivity, self-care, and healing through hair care.
- Thank you, again, so much, for being on with us.
AMBER MAKUPSON: Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
- Thank you, to Amber, for being with us today. This has been In The Know, Sustainability Week. I'm Crystal, and I'll see you next time.