Miley Cyrus gives a good interview. Pair that with her sitting down with interview master Howard Stern, and you’re sure to get some good sound bites.
On Wednesday, the “Younger Now” singer made her first appearance on The Howard Stern Show and chatted about everything from her relationship with Liam Hemsworth to how she really feels about swinging naked on a wrecking ball years later.
Here are five of our favorite buzzy tidbits:
1. Cyrus isn’t totally immune to jealousy. Cyrus admits to getting a ping of jealousy if Hemsworth is starring alongside an attractive woman. In other words, she’s normal.
“I get that little butterfly in my stomach,” she revealed. “I know me and I know what our relationship is, so anyone’s gonna feel like … it’s f***ing abnormal, I think, but my life is abnormal.”
(Hey: Jennifer Lawrence confessed to kissing Liam offscreen at some point during filming of the Hunger Games trilogy, so who can blame Cyrus for having butterflies?)
Still, she isn’t overly concerned.
“I keep my little spies,” she joked when asked if she checks up on Liam on set. “So I don’t always have to be there.”
2. About that VMAs performance. The singer discovered the power she had culturally after her 2013 performance alongside Robin Thicke at the MTV Video Music Awards.
“I didn’t like it because I thought I had done something that was gonna make everyone talk about me. That’s not why I liked it,” she explained. “The reason why that’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me in my life is that’s when I realized my power.”
Cyrus took that to heart when she brought a homeless teen as her date to the show the following year. “I brought a young homeless teen because I realized my f***ing power there,” she noted about using her celebrity for good.
3. Cyrus wasn’t crying over Hemsworth in the “Wrecking Ball” video. It’s been four years, but who can forget that music video? Certainly not Miley!
“Swinging around naked in the middle of a bunch of rubble licking a sledgehammer — that’s forever,” she told Stern. “That’s not going anywhere.”
If you look past the nakedness, you can see the singer’s raw emotion in the music video. However, she wasn’t thinking about her broken engagement (her heart was healed) … it was her dog’s death that made her emotional.
4. “Malibu” has many meanings. Cyrus told Stern a “funny, f***ing crazy” story about how Hemsworth couldn’t escape her after their split.
“When we broke up, he wanted to get away from me,” she began, noting that he bought a house in Malibu. However, it happened to be the same house in which the singer had recorded her first album.
“The person hid all the plaques in the garage so he would still buy the house,” she said. “So then he went to move in, and he was like, ‘F***! I cannot get away. This bitch is all over my f***ing house!’”
Perhaps the plaques were just foreshadowing what was to come. After the couple reunited, Cyrus moved into the house, and it’s where she recorded “Malibu.”
5. Snoop helped Cyrus to stop smoking weed. When Snoop Dogg tells you you’re smoking too much pot, you have a problem. Clearly, Cyrus thought the same thing, as she is now eight months clean.
“I think it set some paranoia into me, and then it started going into my real life when I wasn’t stoned,” she admitted. “It was when Snoop had said, ‘You smoke more than anyone I know.’ And I was like, ‘All right, I gotta cut it out.’”
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- Taylor Swift loves sending flowers to people
- All the red lips at Fashion Week
- Red lipstick helped me learn to love my lips