KUALA LUMPUR: The three military special forces officers who were allegedly still serving as escorts to former Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishamuddin Hussein have been instructed to report to the Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF).
Defence Minister Mohamad Sabu said the instruction came after MAF opened an investigation into claims that the trio were still serving Hishammuddin after Pakatan Harapan (PH) took over the federal government on May 9.
“MAF is investigating the matter and will take immediate action on the case.
“At the moment, they have been instructed to return to MAF,” Mohamad told reporters today.
On Saturday, Mohamad ordered an immediate probe into the matter involving two Navy special operations force (Paskal) officers and a commando.
The three officers were believed to have served the former defence minister since 2013 but should have ceased doing so after the 14th General Election (GE14) on May 9 as Hishammuddin by then was no longer holding the portfolio.
Meanwhile, MAF in a statement yesterday confirmed the escort service of the three officers had been terminated immediately after GE14.
MAF in the statement said appropriate action would be taken if the claims were proven to be true. © New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd