Newcastle ‘top target’ has ‘no intention’ of joining – ‘Plan B’ available for ‘around €15m’

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Reported Newcastle target Moussa Diaby during a match Credit: PA Images
Reported Newcastle target Moussa Diaby during a match Credit: PA Images

Newcastle have identified Moussa Diaby as their ‘top target’, however, the French winger has ‘no interest’ in joining, according to Patrick Berger.

Bayer Leverkusen’s star player had a breakout season last term, scoring 17 and assisting 14 in 42 matches across all competitions.

Newcastle bargain buy Nick Pope now has the platform to become England No.1

The 22-year-old also made his debut for France in September last year and now has eight caps to his name. He recently played 90 minutes of Les Bleus’ 1-1 draw away to Austria in the Nations League.

Interest is unsurprisingly high with Newcastle, Arsenal, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain all reportedly admirers of the player.

According to Sport1 journalist Patrick Berger, the Magpies have made Diaby a ‘top target’ this summer.

The Premier League club are willing to pay €35-40m for the Frenchman, however, Leverkusen are ‘demanding way more then €60m’.

Diaby is ‘open for a move’ but has ‘no intention’ of going to Newcastle, opening up a potential return to PSG.

With a move for the French international seemingly off the table, they have a ‘Plan B’ in Borussia Dortmund’s Thorgan Hazard, brother of Chelsea legend Eden.

The 29-year-old Belgian is out of contract in two years’ time, meaning Dortmund are willing to let him leave for ‘around €15m’.

He is ‘in talks’ with several Premier League clubs but has received ‘no concrete offers’.

Meanwhile, Newcastle completed their second summer signing on Thursday evening, bringing in England goalkeeper Nick Pope from Burnley for £10m.

The 30-year-old said: “Now I’m here, I can’t wait to get started.

“The deal has taken a couple of weeks to come to fruition, but it got over the line really quickly and I’m delighted to be here and I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into it.”

Magpies boss Eddie Howe said: “Nick is an exceptional Premier League and international level goalkeeper, so I’m very pleased to be adding strong competition to a very important position.

“There has been a lot of interest in him from other clubs this summer, so I’d like to thank our owners and everyone behind the scenes for getting us ahead of the competition.

“I’m delighted he is joining us as we prepare for the exciting challenge ahead.”

The article Newcastle ‘top target’ has ‘no intention’ of joining – ‘Plan B’ available for ‘around €15m’ appeared first on Football365.com.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting