The people have spoken.
Visitors to Orchard Road have voted orchardgateway the winner of Orchard Road’s Best Dressed Building Contest 2017, the Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA) announced on Friday (15 December).
The contest, which ran from 17 November to 3 December, is one of several events organised by ORBA for their “A Great Street 2017” event, which also includes the Orchard Road Christmas Light-up, Great Christmas Village and the Christmas Eve Countdown Concert.
The exterior of orchardgateway shopping mall was decorated with the theme of “An Extracelestial Christmas” and features a glowing archway, illuminated reindeer sleigh and a twinkling star display.
Vincent Soh, chief executive of orchardgateway said, “Our Santanaut and his six star hopping reindeers in space helmets were an Instagram sensation with earthlings and visiting aliens alike! A big hug for all our ardent voters.”
In addition to the Best Dressed Building award, orchardgateway also won the WeChat Favourite award. Several other malls along Orchard Road also received awards such as Most Innovative Display, Best Display of Lights & Music and Most Traditional Display.
Here is the list of winners:
- orchardgateway – Best Dressed Building and WeChat Favourite
- Forum The Shopping Mall -Best Animation
- ION Orchard – Most Family Friendly Display
- Orchard Central – Most Traditional Display
- Paragon – The Most Insta-Worthy Display
- Plaza Singapura – Most Inspirational Display
- TANGS at Tang Plaza – Most Unique Theme
- The Centrepoint – Best Display of Lights & Music
- Tanglin Mall – Most Innovative Display
Check out our video on the Orchard Road Christmas Light-up here:
- Christmas light-up on Orchard Road 2017
- This year’s Christmas lights along Orchard Road to turn on from 3pm daily
Follow Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore on Facebook.