IPOH: The Perak state government has apologised for their Malaysia Games video which is said to have plagiarised the ‘Taipei in Motion 2017’ video.
Perak state youth development and sports committee chairman Howard Lee admitted that they had overlooked it and had not done adequate research prior to uploading it on social media.
Howard said the video was only intended as a teaser and was not intended for official use by the Perak Malaysia Games, scheduled to begin on Sep 14.
"We admit to uploading the video on social media as a teaser for the official video which is being prepared," said Howard in a press conference here today.
"This video was intended to be a filler for the official video, which will be aired on RTM. I apologise if it created confusion."
On Aug 26, the 19-second video was criticised by netizens for copying the techniques used in the ‘Taipei in Motion 2017’ video which was produced for the Universiade in August last year.
Howard added that there are three official Malaysia Games videos which are ready and will be aired on RTM in the near future.
"The three videos are 15 seconds, 40 seconds and one minute long. They are ready and will replace the current video.
"The clips highlight the beauty of Perak and as the host we hope everything will go smoothly."
Howard disclosed that only RM50 million has been allocated for the Malaysia Games this time, which is almost half of the RM90 previously allocated for the games.
"This is one of the constraints that we have to face but it does not dampen our spirit to make this a successful edition of the games which is well received by the people of Perak."
Perak state youth development and sports committee chairman Howard Lee admitted that they had overlooked it and had not done adequate research prior to uploading it on social media. (Pic by RAZIF ROSLI)
© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd