Truffle fries are no longer the purview of restaurants in Singapore. McDonald's on Thursday introduced the hipster dish of choice to customers island-wide.
- NBA: 76ers equal record NBA losing streak in Celtics loss AFP News - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
The Philadelphia 76ers equalled the record for the worst losing streak in NBA history on Wednesday, suffering a last-gasp defeat against Boston to … More »
- Massive Philippine blaze leaves thousands homeless AFP News - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
A huge fire that swept through a crowded Manila shanty town has razed more than 800 homes, leaving thousands homeless after they were forced to flee … More »
- Youth group prevented from traveling to Kalayaan Islands Philippine Star - 7 hours ago
Members of youth groups planning to embark on a sea voyage next week to a group of islands being coveted by China have been barred by authorities … More »
- DOST can provide P1-M assistance to Pinoy inventors Philippine Star - 7 hours ago
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) can provide assistance of as much as P1 million to an inventor with a bright and viable idea or … More »
- Sichuan Development Holding seeks $300 mln in Islamic financing
A unit of Sichuan Development Holding Co (SDH) plans to raise $300 million via Islamic financing in the first quarter of next year, and plans a subsequent $1 billion Islamic bonds (sukuk) programme, according to the firm advising on the deal. The proposed transaction would be a first for a Chinese state-owned company and adds to a growing pipeline of sharia compliant deals by mainland firms seeking to diversify their funding sources. The three-year financing would be raised by the leasing arm of SDH, an investment arm of the Sichuan provincial government, said Bobby Tay, an advisor for Singapore-based Silk Routes Financials.
- Belgian man charged with son's murder remanded in Singapore