Police still taking statements on Musa Aman intimidation case

Avila Geraldine

KOTA KINABALU: Police are still taking statements in the investigation into the criminal intimidation complaint lodged by Yang di-Pertua Negeri Tun Juhar Mahiruddin against ex-chief minister Tan Sri Musa Aman.

Outgoing state commissioner of police Datuk Ramli Din said police had already recorded the statements of some 20 individuals.

He said this after handing over his duties to state deputy commissioner of police Datuk Omar Mammah at the state police headquarters in Kepayan today.

Ramli said Musa had been released on police bail. He said his movements were being monitored and he was required to report himself to police.

He said police did not known when the Sungai Sibuga assemblyman would return to Sabah.

On Aug 21, Musa returned to Malaysia after seeking medical treatment in the United Kingdom. He was immediately warded at a private hospital in Subang Jaya.

He has yet to take his assemblyman’s oath, and has until Sept 11 to do so.

Moving on to another matter, Ramli said a district police chief accused of sexual harrassment had been transferred to the state police headquarters.

“We have received several reports. Investigations are ongoing,” he said.

On the alleged attempted kidnapping of actors Hairul Azreen and Ammar Alfian in Semporna, Ramli said no reports were lodged.

He stressed that police took security matters seriously and advised the public to refrain from making baseless statements.

Hairul, 30, had claimed that he and Ammar were almost abducted by pirates while filming a movie called Paskal at an oil rig in Semporna.

The production company, Asia Tropical Films, later issued a statement dismissing the claim. © New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd