Porsche is entering the world of esports with its own Forza Motorsport 7 tournament. Officially titled as the Porsche Asia Pacific Forza Cup, the luxury car company will be hosting a three-week qualifying circuit with a grand final to determine the winner of the Cup.
The qualifiers will take place as an in-game Rivals Event throughout September and October, giving Xbox and PC players around five days to compete in each qualifier. Each week will also have a specific Porsche race car and race track to keep things fair amongst the tournament’s virtual drivers.
After the qualifiers, the tournament will take its top 16 racers with the most points and put them in a final 2-track contest for a spot on the podium and the grand prize.
- Racing legend Mario Andretti making esports debut at All-Star Legends Trophy event
- Rivals Max Verstappen and Lando Norris have teamed up to win iRacing’s 24 Hours of Spa
- Week 1: September 29 to October 4 (2014 Porsche 918 Spyder/Bathurst Race Track)
- Week 2: October 6 to October 11 (2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS/Nurburgring Race Track)
- Week 3: October 13 to October 18 (2017 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid/Le Mans Tace Track)
- Grand Finals: October 31 (2019 Porsche 718 GT4/two tracks)
As for its grand prize, the grand final winner will win an all-expenses-paid track experience at the Porsche Experience Centre Hockenheimring in Germany.
If you think you have what it takes to beat the best speed demons in the region, you can register for the Porsche Asia Pacific Forza Cup at its official website.