Fans of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile (PUBG Mobile) will soon be able to get their hands on the highly anticipated PUBG Mobile 1.0 Update as it is set to be released this week.
Part of the recent “New Era” announcement, the update will introduce a number of major changes to PUBG Mobile. This includes:
- Improved graphics on every aspect of the game, from the players’ lobby, to the user interface, battle arena environments, visual textures, and game characters
- Complete overhaul of the game’s interactive capabilities, sound effects, motion processing, and gameplay experience to ensure better immersion for gamers
- Updated controls with an all-new multi-screen switching mode and added customization for interface layout
A new era of PUBG Mobile is coming, featuring an overhaul of the Erangel map and a bold new look.— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) August 28, 2020
Check out the exclusive sneak peek on the @AppStore here: https://t.co/yfjzSQI0Xm pic.twitter.com/qDBFaZ1YyJ
As a indirect reference, the New Erangel map, which is a complete revamp of the original battle arena that bears the same name, is also being teased. Many hints and reveals about this new map have been shared on PUBG Mobile’s Twtter.
- Godlike wins the PUBG Mobile Club Open 2020 India Spring Split
- Tencent’s PUBG Mobile Pro League MY/SG will have a prize pool of US$150,000
Beyond delivering enhanced graphics and a more streamlined gameplay experience, the “New Era” update also introduces a new global esports event — PUBG Mobile Global Championship (PMGC). This all-new contest, combining the two main annual events — PUBG Mobile World League and Wolrd Championship, has a US$2 million prize pool up for grabs.
Kicking off in late-November 2020, this main event will start with Season Zero and feature top teams from the Americas, Europe, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and China regions.