JOHOR BARU: The quarry located next to the site of the proposed Pasir Gudang Hospital has until August next year to carry out its rock blasting operation.
State Health, Environment, Education and Information Executive Committee chairman Datuk Ayub Rahmat said a recent meeting between the state government and the quarry operator had concluded that the operation of the rock blasting activity should ceased before or sometime in August next year.
This was because the earth works for the hospital project will take place after the quarry's closure.
"We have set August 31, 2018 as the final stopwork date to the operator. However, if they can complete their rock blasting activity sooner, it would be better," said Ayub.
The Pasir Gudang hospital project, which is expected to cost RM500 million, a new government hospital that will cater to the 350,000 residents in Pasir Gudang, Masai, Plentong and Kong Kong.
The proposed hospital project is located on a 20.23ha land owned by the Defence Ministry in Jalan Gunung near Taman Scientex in Masai, which had been marked for the development since 2014.
Ayub, who earlier officiate the PIBG meeting of SK Taman Scientex, reminded residents on the danger of dengue fever following 13 cases reported this month in the surrounding area.
He said six compounds of RM500 each, have e=been issued to residents in Jalan Serindit in Taman Scientex.
"Residents and industry players should be proactive in eliminating any Aedes mosquitoes breeding ground at their premises." he said.