Spritzer Bhd (KLSE: 7103.KL) is a food and beverage company listed on Bursa Malaysia, the stock exchange of Malaysia. Spritzer manufactures and distributes natural mineral water, distilled drinking water, and other flavored drink products.
For investors who are fans of Asia-focused consumer goods companies such as Nestle (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE: 4707.KL) and Thai Beverage Public Company Limited (SGX: Y92), Spritzer may be a good addition to their watch list.
One of the things that I like to do when analysing a company is to study its track record. The past is no guarantee of the future. But historical information is the most reliable thing that we can use as our basis to forecast what lies ahead.
And this brings me to the main purpose of this article, which is to have a quick overview of Spritzer’s historical business growth. The table below is a snapshot of the company’s important financial metrics from FY2013 (financial year ended 31 May 2013) to FY2017 (financial year ended 31 December 2017):
Source: Spritzer’s financial statements
Here are a few points worth noting:
1. First of all, revenue increased from RM201.9 million to RM313.8 million, up by 55.4% during the period. This translates to a CAGR (compound average growth rate) of 10%.
2. Secondly, EBITDA (Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation) had grown from RM37.1 million in 2013 to RM50.3 million in 2017, up by 35.6% during the time frame. This translates to a CAGR of 6.9% in the last five years. Similarly, net profit had increased by a CAGR of 6.4% during the same period.
3. Thirdly, Spritzer’s dividend per share had risen over the years, up by 37.5% during the period. This translates to a CAGR of 7.2% during the time frame.
In sum, I think Spritzer has delivered a commendable track record in the past five years by growing its revenue, profitability and dividend per share.
- Singapore’s Top 5 Dividend-Paying Blue-Chip Stocks
- First REIT Versus Parkway Life REIT: Which Is A Better Buy? (Part I)
- Are REITs Worth Considering When Rates Rise?
- SLB Development Ltd’s Initial Public Offering: 10 Things You Need to Know
- 4 Metrics to Look for in a Hospitality REIT
- How is ComfortDelGro Corporation Ltd Positioning Itself for the Future?
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore contributor Lawrence Nga doesn't own shares in any companies mentioned.