The Real Estate Developers Association Singapore (Redas) launched its bicentennial showcase this morning at Raffles Place Park. Comprising two multimedia domes, the event showcases perspectives of the built environment and landmarks, and highlights developers’ contributions towards Singapore’s urban development.
The launch was attended by Lawrence Wong, Minister for National Development. The event is also supported by Raffles Place Alliance, the Business Improvement District for the Raffles Place area.
“We want to remember our past, and we want to appreciate the world of our founders and pioneers. At the same time, we are actively taking steps to adapt and change, to move forward and remake our city,” says Wong.
The showcase comprises two multimedia domes that show videos of Singapore's urban development over the years. (Picture: EdgeProp)
As the Marina Bay area is gradually completed, the government will start the first phase of the Greater Southern Waterfront in the next few years. “The first phase starts soon, with Keppel Club – once the land comes back to the state – and then Pasir Panjang Power District,” he says.
Since incentives to encourage CBD rejuvenation were introduced as part of the 2019 Draft Master Plan, “several property owners around Raffles Place and the CBD have stepped forward to express an interest in taking up these incentives to redevelop their project”, the minister says. He hopes this will eventually translate into concrete redevelopment projects.
This year marks the 60th anniversary of both Redas and the Ministry of National Development. Chia Ngiang Hong, president of Redas, says: “As a long-term key stakeholder in Singapore, REDAS supports the government’s various initiatives to transform and raise the quality of our built environment. Moving ahead, developers will continue to push the envelope, transforming Singapore’s skyline dramatically and offering varied lifestyle living for all sectors of the real estate.”
The bicentennial event is scheduled to run until Aug 30.
- Singapore residential, office and retail markets face headwinds on slow growth
- Redas president urges government to review property cooling measures
- Mixed prospects for Singapore property market
Find out what's trending in property market here
- Singapore Property for Sale & Rent, Latest Property News, Advanced Analytics Tools
- Mansion-living with panoramic views of the sea and the surrounding landed enclave
- Riding the Greater Southern Waterfront wave
- Kent Ridge Hill Residences: Serene and close to nature
- Avenue South Residence: Live-work-play along the Greater Southern Waterfront
- En Bloc Calculator, Find Out If Your Condo Will Be The Next en-bloc
- HDB Resale Flats Up For Sale, Affordable Units Available