Remains of 5 victims in Benguet bus accident brought home

The remains of five victims in last week's deadly bus accident in Benguet province were brought to Metro Manila and then to their home province of Marinduque over the weekend.

Brought to Marinduque aboard a roll-on-roll-off vessel were the remains of two teachers and three students of Marinduque State College, radio dzBB reported early Monday.

From Benguet, the remains of teachers Marielle Mingi and Jenny Lisa Lantorio, and students Marvin Palatino, Diane Laurio and Princess Pastorfide were brought to Philippine National Police headquarters in Camp Crame before dawn Sunday.

They were then brought to Marinduque aboard a roll-on-roll-off vessel, the report said.

On the other hand, two more students remained in critical condition and are being kept under tight watch at the intensive care unit of the Baguio General Hospital.

Four more students were transferred to the Philippine Orthopedic Center in Quezon City.

At least seven were killed and more than 30 were hurt after a tour bus they were riding collided with a truck in Benguet last Thursday night.

A separate report on "24 Oras" said the remains of the five victims were brought to Camp Crame at 1 a.m.

"Masakit talaga. Sa amin hindi ka makakapaniwala," said Armando Laurio, father of one of the victims.

Jerold Lantoria, whose wife died in the accident, added he was "very shocked at what happened."

Meanwhile, the Department of Social Welfare and Development in Cordillera started stress debriefing for the students who were discharged Saturday night.

"Very traumatic ang nangyari sa bata, may takot sila mag travel ng gabi," said Dr. Leodegario Jalos, Marinduque State College's vice president for academic affairs. —KG, GMA News

--

Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Loading...

Latest News