It’s important to stretch thoroughly after a run, focusing on the major muscle groups – quads, hamstrings, calves, and hips – that you have used.
Listen to your body and if a particular muscle feels tight, then spend some more time on it.
Here are some great stretches (hold each for 20-30 seconds):
● Standing or lying quad stretch - targets your quads
● Standing hamstring stretch - targets your hamstrings
● Standing pretzel stretch - targets your gluteus and piriformis
● Sumo squat stretch – targets your adductors
● Pigeon stretch – targets your hip flexors and gives your torso a good stretch
● Butterfly stretch – targets your hips and lower back
Information provided by Momentum Bootcamps