A self-driving car was confounded by a crowd of Dead & Company fans as they enjoyed a pop-up party on San Francisco’s famous Haight Street on Thursday, July 13, ahead of the band’s final shows in the California city that coming weekend.
Video by Dominique Frideger shows other vehicles honking and maneuvering around the driverless car as it’s stopped in the middle of the street.
“It doesn’t have any idea what to do… What’s your plan car?” Frideger says as the car moves forward slightly before pausing again.
“Come on baby, don’t be scared,” a man saysm, before someone eventually tries to push the vehicle.
Frideger told Storyful the confused vehicle “[provides] a fascinating juxtaposition of old San Francisco colliding with new.”
Dead & Company was formed in 2015 by former members of the Grateful Dead: Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, and Bill Kreutzmann. Fans of both bands often refer to themselves as Deadheads. Credit: Dominique Frideger via Storyful
- Watch it! Watch it! Watch it!
- It's a self-driving car.
- Well, it needs to park
- What's it going to do? It doesn't have any idea what to do.
- No, because it's [INDISTINCT SPEECH].
- What's your plan, car? Oh my God.
- Come on, baby. Don't be scared. Don't be scared. Come on baby, don't be scared. Come on, baby.
- Oh my God!
- Taking the pictures now.
- Whose property [INDISTINCT SPEECH]?
- You gotta move!
- See, there's nobody there.
- [INDISTINCT SPEECH]
- This guy is pushing it.