Seremban student forced to ingest poison, dies


SEREMBAN: A Form Three student who was allegedly forced to ingest poison by another group of students last week, died at the Hospital Tuanku Ja'afar last night.

Nilai district police chief Superitendent Zaldino Zaludin confirmed that S. Pravin, 15, died at 8.30pm while receiving treatment at the hospital.

In the 5.30 pm incident last Wednesday in Nilai, Pravin was allegedly forced to ingest poison by a group of students who had held his hands and legs down.

It is believed that the group of students were angry at the victim as he had scolded them for sniffing glue.

The deceased then went home and related the incident to his mother and complained of throat and stomach pains the following day.

He was then sent to a health clinic before being referred to the hospital for further treatment.