On a per-share basis, the Singapore-based company said it had net income of 33 cents. Earnings, adjusted for pretax gains, were 15 cents per share. The results missed Wall Street expectations. The average ...
Singapore News Headlines
- Don't give up: Single mother soldiers on after feeding four children on … Yahoo Newsroom - Thu, Jul 30, 2015
Jo (pictured above) managed to increase her income as a part-time cleaner after initially struggling a year ago to feed her four children on a salary … More »
- Single in the city – why are record numbers of Singaporeans still looking … Yahoo Newsroom - Wed, Jul 29, 2015
With the spread of dating apps such as Tinder, which has lost much of its social stigma, shouldn’t it be easier than ever to meet that special … More »
- Workers’ Party to contest 28 seats, political parties out in full swin … Yahoo Newsroom - Mon, Jul 27, 2015
The opposition Workers’ Party (WP) has stated their intention to contest 28 seats in the upcoming Singapore general elections, with the seats located … More »
- As told by a Singaporean traveller: what was life in Greece like during … Yahoo Newsroom - Fri, Jul 24, 2015
It was 1 July and I was beginning my week-long sabbatical in Athens, Greece. During that period, the banks had just closed and each citizen could … More »
- Uber is delivering ice-cream to Singaporeans again, and guess how they’re … Yahoo Newsroom - Wed, Jul 22, 2015
Uber will be reviving its popular on-demand service for ice cream on Friday (Jul 24) but with an added form of transportation: drones. Uber users … More »
- Volunteer-driven group helps Singapore’s cardboard collectors one meal … Yahoo Newsroom - Wed, Jul 22, 2015
Extend The Feast, a charity event organised by the Happy People Helping People Foundation, serves free meals to the needy who are trying to make ends … More »
- Why Didn't Jack Climb Onto That Plank At The End Of Titanic? Yahoo Newsroom - Wed, Jul 8, 2015
Hosts Adam and Jamie – with help from Cameron himself – determined that a little lateral thinking (easy to come by when you’re not freezing to death, … More »
- Taylor Swift Donates $50,000 To Young Fan Who Has Cancer And Uses ‘Bad … Yahoo Newsroom - Wed, Jul 8, 2015
Taylor Swift has once again proven that she’s got some huge, kick-ass angel wings hidden away by donating a whopping $50,000 to one of her biggest … More »
- SMRT apologises after massive three-hour train breakdown Yahoo Newsroom - Wed, Jul 8, 2015
Train operator SMRT has apologised after a massive train disruption during the evening rush hour Tuesday (8 July) shut down the North-South and … More »
- Japan lab to handle deadliest viruses for first time
Japan has no active maximum level-four biosafety labs so the move will bring it in line with other G7 nations -- there are about 40 such sites worldwide including some run by the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The decision to boost it to the highest biosafety level came as Health Minister Yasuhisa Shiozaki signed an agreement with the mayor of the Musashimurayama suburb on Monday. Healthcare experts welcomed the move, saying Japan trailed other countries -- including the United States, France, and Singapore -- and was hampered in its ability to contain deadly viruses in the event of an outbreak.
- Thailand arrests five for trafficking women into sex slavery in China
Thailand has arrested five people suspected of trafficking Thai women into sex slavery in China and believed to be part of a ring that has also trafficked women into Malaysia and Singapore, Thai police said on Tuesday. The arrests come a week after the United States kept Thailand on its list of worst human-trafficking centres. The Thai government has said it hopes the U.S. will removed it from the blacklist following a crackdown.