This article originally appeared on Vulcan Post. Fans of Xiaomi, take note: Mi Singapore has announced that as of yesterday, the Redmi 2 will cost S$149, a $20 drop in price from its launch price of S$169. According to a press release, the drop in price was put down to lower costs on the manufacturer’s The post Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 Gets Cheaper, Enhanced Version To Launch On 14 July appeared first on Vulcan Post.
Singapore News Headlines
- Singapore’s freedom of speech in question: former NTU journalism profe … Yahoo Newsroom - Sun, Jul 5, 2015
(L-R) Panelists Cherian George, Alex Au, Ken Kwek, and chair of the discussion, Teo You Yenn at the “Deliberating Freedom of Expression in Singapore” … More »
- Take charge of our country: Singapore female military veteran Yahoo Newsroom - Fri, Jul 3, 2015
Judy Kong (second from left), a veteran who volunteered with the Singapore Women’s Auxiliary Naval Service (SWANS), and Setoh Wei Leng, Born a Hero … More »
- Lack of parental support for alternative careers: organiser of all-Asian … Yahoo Newsroom - Mon, Jun 29, 2015
Singapore comedian Esther Low is part of a new breed of comedians making a mark in Singapore and beyond. The founder behind a recently-held comedy … More »
- Remember Cheryl’s birthday? Here's another logic question that baf … Yahoo Newsroom - Fri, Jun 19, 2015
The puzzle is meant for elementary school kids, who have to identify the number of a blocked parking lot spot in less than 20 seconds. This puzzle … More »
- Legally blind designer spreads the light with cracked log lamps Yahoo Newsroom - Thu, Jun 18, 2015
(Photo source: http://www.duncanmeerding.com.au/) … More »
- Eduardo Saverin and The Social Network: Who’s doing better? Yahoo Newsroom - Thu, Jun 18, 2015
Facebook co-founder Andrew Garfield Eduardo Saverin is getting married! Saverin is reportedly getting hitched to Indonesian beauty Elaine … More »
- ‘100 per cent creative control’ on new SG50 film: Royston Tan Yahoo Newsroom - Wed, Jun 17, 2015
Seven directors picked for an anthology film have total creative control over their mega SG50 project “7 Letters”, said the project’s lead filmmaker … More »
- Will pulling 2G networks in Singapore affect the elderly? Yahoo Newsroom - Wed, Jun 17, 2015
Singapore telecoms will be ceasing all 2G networks come April 2017. The typical 3G or 4G smartphone user in Singapore may be indifferent towards the … More »
- Two Indians jailed for molestation in Singapore
Singapore, July 6 (IANS) Two Indians in Singapore were on Monday sentenced to prison in two separate cases of molestation. A court sentenced former gardener Gulcharan Singh, 51, to five months in prison for molesting a 20-year-old student in a lift after stalking her from a bus stop to her housing complex, the Strait Times reported.
- Teenaged blogger jailed in Singapore for posting offensive videos
Bangkok, July 6 (IANS/EFE) A 16-year-old blogger was sentenced to four weeks in prison in Singapore for posting offensive videos on YouTube in a trial that attracted much criticism from human rights organisations. Amos Yee was found guilty of insulting Christianity and uploading obscene images. The court dismissed a second charge against the teenager, of criticising former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew who passed away in March, reported Channel News Asia.