Singtel’s mobile services were disrupted for over three hours from around 10pm on Thursday (18 October), as users were unable to make calls or access the Internet.
The telco apologised for the disruption in a Friday 1.20am update on its Facebook page, adding that it detected issues with mobile voice and data services on its 3G and 4G network at 10.11pm.
It said, “Initial investigations indicate that this was due to a power-related issue. Affected services have been progressively restored from 11.50pm and we will continue to monitor the network closely to ensure full restoration.”
While some customers said service was restored for them after Singtel’s 1.20am update, others still had issues connecting to the Web on their mobile lines.
The telco updated on its Facebook page later at 2am that, as of 1.22am, all affected services had been restored.
On Thursday night, Singtel mobile users complained about service disruptions in areas such as Jurong, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Merah, Woodlands, Sengkang and Potong Pasir.
At about 11pm on Thursday, at least 200 posts complaining about the lack of calling, text messaging and 4G data services were made on Singtel’s Facebook page.