No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
- Eligibility: The Slay Your Debt Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Oath Inc., its parent and affiliate companies, and their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Oath Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY, 10003 (the “Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes entry period will begin at 12:00 am ET on June 1, 2018 and end at 11:59 pm ET on June 30, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). See Section 6 for description of weekly drawings.
5. Entry: Send an email to email@example.com and explain (1) the debt struggle you’re dealing with and (2) what you’re doing to pay it down. Limit one (1) entry per person. Submissions must be in English. Emails may also include a video.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. A potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. An entry submitted through any other method is void. Submission must be the original work of the entrant and must be owned by the entrant. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing design/work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation.
Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any entries that they deem to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by the Sponsor in its discretion. Your Submission is not confidential or proprietary. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you grant, assign, convey, and transfer all rights, title, and ownership, including without limitation all copyright and any other intellectual property and moral rights in the Submission to Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities. By submitting an Entry you hereby grant and license the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in connection with the Sweepstakes and such other products or services as the Sponsor may designate in any medium now known or hereafter devised for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes including posting on any websites. Submissions must be 100% your original work, and must not contain any third party material or content (including but not limited to any company logos or trademarks, likenesses, or any other copyrighted or trademarked content) for which you have not been granted specific written permission for this use by the copyright or trademark rights holder. You hereby grant to the Sponsor and their designees the right to use any edited Submission, or parts of a Submission, without your approval and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Submission prior to or following publication and any right to compensation for the Submission. All elements of your Submission must be your original work and must be owned by you, and you must have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to all of the materials, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. By submitting your Submission, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of your Submission or your participation in any phase of this Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Each Friday during the Entry Period, Sponsor will select the names of three (3) potential Weekly Winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received from the start of the Entry Period, until 11:59 pm ET on the Thursday before the applicable Friday drawing date. Non-winning weekly entries will be included in subsequent weekly drawings.
At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select the name of one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winners depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor will notify the potential winners via email at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes. In order for a potential winner to receive their prize, they must respond to the email within the time period stated and provide their full name, age and mailing address. Failure of any potential winners to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize, which may then be awarded to an alternate winner.
7. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release and IRS W-9 form (the “Affidavit/Release”) within a timeframe to be determined. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Prizes: Each Friday during the Entry Period, Three (3) Winners (for a total of 12 weekly winners) will each receive a $100 Amex or VISA gift card (to be determined by Sponsor).
At the conclusion of the Entry Period, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $500 Amex or VISA gift card (to be determined by Sponsor).
Specifics of prizes are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Gift cards are subject to issuer’s terms and conditions. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. Sweepstakes Results: To request the names of the winners, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Slay Your Debt Sweepstakes Winners Request” in the subject line. Requests must be received by July 31, 2018.
© Copyright 2018 Oath Inc. All rights reserved. Participants are hereby authorized to copy these official rules on the condition that it will be for the participant’s personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.