This just in: Smart Communications has revealed its postpaid plans for the fourth-generation iPad and iPad mini WiFi + cellular models.
A week ago, Smart announced that it will finally be carrying Apple's latest tablets starting May 18. Prior to this, the only telco offering the iPad 4 and iPad mini in the Philippines was Globe Telecom.
The cheaper of Smart's announced two monthly options is Plan 499, where you can get the 16GB 7.9-incher at 0 percent interest for two years. Plan 499 already comes with 65 hours of 3G/LTE connection and anti-bill-shock protection for 24 months.
The other package is Plan 999, where you get a huge discount on the Apple device plus unlimited 3G/LTE connectivity for two years.
For complete details, check out the image below. You may also visit Smart's website.
To sweeten the deal, Smart is throwing in the following freebies for subscribers to any one of the iPad bundles:
- Reversible neoprene sleeve
- Low-priced theft insurance and accidental loss or damage starting at P1,371 a year
- Accessories vouchers for discounts of up to 20 percent
- Tickets for two to Digital Lifestyle Sessions at the Jump Experience Center
Existing Smart postpaid subscribers only need to show one valid ID to apply for an iPad postpaid plan. Other customers have to bring proof of income and address/billing and an accomplished Service Application Form.
Take note that Smart also sells the fourth-gen iPad and iPad mini WiFi + 4G models without the contract.
- iPad mini (16GB): P21,990
- iPad mini (32GB): P26,990
- iPad mini (64GB): P31,990
- iPad with Retina display (16GB): P29,990
- iPad with Retina display (32GB): P34,990
- iPad with Retina display (64GB): P39,990
So is the Smart LTE iPad worth considering? Answer using our sentiment slider below the video.