Sound technician electrocuted to death at Beaufort religious event

AARON LEE


BEAUFORT: A sound technician was electrocuted to death while setting up a sound system for a religious event in Membakut, Beaufort, yesterday.

Abd Syafrie Wandy bin Abd Asis, 36, an employee of Ming Sound System, was pronounced dead by doctors minutes after arriving at the Beaufort hospital following the 7.40pm incident.

The victim had accidentally touched a live wire while setting up the sound system for a Mahrajan Kesenian Islam event, said Beaufort police chief Deputy Superintendent Azmir Abd Razak.

The victim was immediately rushed to the district hospital by colleagues, but was pronounced dead on arrival, he added.

Police have classified the case as sudden death, but an investigation is nevertheless being carried out.