Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are rebounding at the midday mark after Wednesday’s risk market plunge. The consumer discretionary (XLY) and tech (XLK) sectors are leading the way up, while yesterday’s leader, real estate (XLRE), is now the only sector in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Nicole Sinclair and Julia La Roche, as well as Mark Martiak, senior wealth strategist at Premier Wealth First Allied Securities.
Today’s Midday Movers topics:
- Risk markets rebound on Day 2 of Trump turmoil
- Will the Fed still raise rates in June?
- Investing themes at SALT 2017 Conference
- The divide between political crises and economic reality
- Walmart’s earnings in focus: e-commerce strength
- Dissecting Alibaba’s latest results
- Using smart-beta ETFs to position a portfolio
- Google launching Google for Jobs initiative
- Dr. Dre’s ‘Vital Signs’ show to premier on Apple Music: rpts