RAWANG: More manpower will be added to the current search and rescue (SAR) mission to locate two missing boys who were swept away by strong currents in the Kampung Timah Sungai SKC fishing tragedy on Friday evening.
Kuala Kubu Bharu Fire and Rescue Department chief Kamil Hamadan said 30 more firemen will be brought in to boost the surface search teams, which are stationed on three boats.
Kamil said the additional search team, to assist the current 50 firemen on duty, are on their way to the scene.
"Today, we are focused on Sungai Selangor, where the boys may have drifted to from the tributary of Sungai SKC.
"We resumed the SAR at 8am today after a stand down at 7pm last night.
"However, so far, we have not found any clues or signs that could indicate the whereabouts of the boys.
"The search continues for Muhammad Aiman Kamarul, 12, and Mohd Ikhwan Mohd Ridhuan, 10," Kamil told the New Straits Times earlier today.
The K9 unit, with two Labradors – Hardy and Joe – are also at the scene.
Five divers are also conducting an underwater search.