What’s the quickest and safest way to borrow money if you don’t have any supporting financial documents?
If you’re having difficulty getting approved for a bank loan, know that there are alternatives you can turn to, like quick cash loans from private lenders.
One of the alternative loans to consider is Tala Loan from Tala Philippines. Read on to learn more about this lending company and the loan it offers.
What is Tala Philippines?
Tala is one of the best quick cash loan providers in the Philippines. It’s a legitimate online lender that’s registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Based in Santa Monica, California, this fintech company also operates in Mexico, Kenya, Tanzania, and India.
Tala Philippines provides instant loans through a mobile app where the entire process happens, from loan application to funds release and status tracking. It allows Filipinos with an Android device to conveniently get a cash loan anytime and anywhere regardless of their credit history.
Tala Loan Features
How Much Can I Borrow?
Qualified first-time borrowers can loan from PHP 1,000 to PHP 2,000. The initial loan amount is small, but making timely repayments and frequently borrowing from Tala entitles you to higher loan amounts up to PHP 10,000.
What are Tala Philippines Loan Interest Rates and Terms?
Borrowers can choose between these one-time repayment terms:
- 11% interest for payment within 21 days
- 15% interest for payment within 30 days
For example, if Tala lends you PHP 1,000, you either repay PHP 1,110 within a 21-day period or PHP 1,150 within a 30-day period.
Tala doesn’t charge an early repayment penalty, so you can repay your loan in advance.
What are the consequences of not paying your Tala Loan, you might wonder. There’s an 8% late payment fee added to your total loan balance if you fail to repay your loan seven days after your due date. You have a 14-day grace period to settle your loan.
How Long Does Tala Take to Approve a Loan?
Tala Philippines comes up with a loan decision in less than 5 minutes. Prospective borrowers are informed through the app itself whether they’re approved or denied for a Tala Loan.
How to Receive Tala Loan Amount
Once you’re approved for a Tala Loan, you can have the cash deposited to your bank account, transferred to your Coins.ph wallet, or claimed at the nearest remittance center within 24 hours.
Here are your options if you choose to claim your loan at a remittance center:
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- M Lhuillier
- Palawan Express Pera Padala
If you need to get your cash immediately, Cebuana is the fastest cash-out option, as it releases Tala Loan proceeds within an hour only.
Same-day funds release is also possible with these channels:
- Palawan Express – for loans processed until 3 p.m., from Monday to Saturday
- M Lhuillier – for loans processed before 12 p.m. from Monday to Sunday
- Banks – for loans processed before 10 a.m., from Monday to Friday
Other cash-out options allow borrowers to receive cash on the next working day.
How to Repay a Tala Loan
You can pay anytime on or before your due date through any of these payment channels:
- 7-Eleven stores (via 7-CONNECT)
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Coins.ph app
- M Lhuillier
Should You Borrow From Tala Philippines?
Are you eligible to apply for an instant cash loan from Tala Philippines? Is this the right loan for you?
The Tala Loan is ideal for these borrowers:
- Filipinos 18 years old and above with an Android mobile device
- People who need urgent cash for an emergency
- Borrowers with no or bad credit history who don’t qualify for personal loans from banks
- Busy people who don’t have time to prepare various documents and line up at a bank to apply for a loan (Tala’s loan application process is purely digital, so you can get a loan on the go.)
Tala Loan Requirements
The requirements for Tala Loan applications are simple. You just need to use an Android smartphone with OS 4.0.3 or higher. Also, you must upload images of your valid ID to the Tala Philippines app for verification purposes.
Tala accepts any of the following valid IDs:
- Driver’s license
- Postal ID
- PRC card
- UMID/SSS ID
- Voter’s ID
The ID you’ll use for your Tala Loan application must not be expired and shows your correct birthdate.
Tala doesn’t require any proof of income, bank account, credit card, or collateral to secure a loan.
- No Bank Account Loans: How to Get One in the Philippines
- Unsecured Loans in the Philippines: What are the Pros and Cons?
How to Get a Tala Loan
Applying for a Tala Loan is quick and easy using the Tala mobile app. It takes only a few minutes to register for an account, accomplish a loan application form, and have your identity verified.
Tala Philippines Loan Application Procedure
Here are the detailed steps to apply for a Tala Loan:
- Download the Tala Philippines app on Google Play Store.
- Open the app. On the home screen, tap the Sign Up button.
- Enter your mobile number and tap the Verify button. Tala will send a four-digit verification code to your phone number.
- Enter the verification code. Tap the Next button.
- Input a four-digit PIN, which you’ll use to access your Tala account. Tap the Continue button.
- Tap the Apply Now button on the menu screen.
- Read the loan application steps. Once done, tap the Get Started button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the Tala Loan application form.
- Review your answers. Tap the Continue button and wait for the result of your loan application.
- If your application is approved, tap the View Loan Offer button.
- Tap the Choose When to Repay button if you’re okay with the approved loan amount. If not, tap the Decline Loan Offer button.
- If you’ll accept the loan offer, pick between the two repayment options (30 days or 21 days).
- Tap the Accept button.
- Read the instructions on uploading your valid ID. Tap the Continue button.
- Enter your ID number. Tap the Continue button.
- Review your ID number and tap “Confirm” if it’s correct.
- Take photos of your ID (front, back, and your selfie holding the ID card) or upload image files of it stored in your phone. Tap the Take Photo or Upload Photo to proceed.
- Tap the Continue button. The screen will show a short message that Tala has received the photos of your ID.
Tala Philippines will review your submitted ID and reply through text within one working day. Once you receive the message (which contains a transaction number for claiming your funds), you can claim your loan proceeds.
Have questions about your Tala Loan application? You can reach Tala Philippines’ customer support team via email (email@example.com) or Tala Facebook Page.
The post Tala Loan Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Borrowing From Tala Philippines appeared first on Moneymax.