- New brand platform launched to encapsulate the banks’ purpose and emphasize the importance of community – "What’s in it for We"
- All banking centers now operating under the TCF Bank name as the Chemical Bank brand is retired
TCF National Bank announced the successful completion of its integration with Chemical Bank on Monday, creating a strong foundation to strengthen individuals, businesses and the community. TCF retired the Chemical brand and unveiled its new brand platform and ad campaign to encapsulate how when one business or individual succeeds, the positive impacts are felt throughout the entire community. The company’s new tagline, "What’s in it for We," follows TCF’s announcement of a $1 billion loan commitment to minority communities and minority-owned and women-owned small businesses.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200810005517/en/
Universal Sign workers exchange Chemical Bank sign for TCF sign at banking center location in Southfield, Michigan on Friday, August 7th. (Photo: TCF Bank)
"TCF is a purpose-driven company passionate about how we can help people and businesses realize their dreams. As One TCF, we can bring the full breadth and depth of our services – and our team members’ expertise – to support our customers and communities," said Craig R. Dahl, president and chief executive officer, TCF Financial Corporation. "Today is a historic day for the new TCF, and we want all of our customers to know that with the final step complete in the merger of equals, we remain deeply committed to the communities where we live, work and serve."
TCF Financial Corporation is building a new headquarters in the heart of Detroit and has a long and proud commitment to the communities it serves. Its local and regional partnerships have been enhanced through the merger. Examples include:
- $1 billion loan commitment over five years to minority communities and minority- and women-owned small businesses;
- $5 million commitment to Detroit’s Strategic Neighborhood Fund for the Grandmont Rosedale neighborhood, as well as a partnership with the Detroit mayor’s office for the Affordable Housing Leverage fund;
- $10 million for grants over five years to help low-to-moderate-income home buyers, known as the Heart and Home program;
- $1.9 million in donations from the TCF Foundation to more than 700 charitable partners in 2019, and an additional $831,000 in team member matching gifts; and
- Strong partnerships, including with the University of Minnesota, where TCF has donated more than $1.4 million in scholarships, renaming Detroit’s convention center the TCF Center, and the company’s sponsorship with the Detroit City marathon.
The merger of equals in which legacy TCF Financial Corporation merged into Chemical Financial Corporation was closed on Aug. 1, 2019, forming Michigan’s largest national bank holding company.
As of Monday, Aug. 10, TCF’s primary banking subsidiary, TCF National Bank, rebranded all its banking centers across TCF’s footprint under the TCF Bank name, and all consumers share a common digital banking and mobile app experience, branded as TCF Bank. Approximately 200 banking centers in Michigan and Ohio that previously operated as Chemical Bank were impacted by the name change.
"We have spent the past year integrating our technology systems to provide a best-in-class digital experience for our customers both on our website and through our mobile app, while also upgrading the back-end systems to meet the new TCF’s needs today and well into the future," said Tom Shafer, president and chief operating officer, TCF Bank. "I am very proud of our team’s efforts to support our integration activities in the face of unexpected challenges, including a pandemic, working from home, civil unrest and a historic flood in Midland, Michigan, home to some of our key operations. This was not an easy task – but our team’s ability to execute our strategy despite the hardships reflects the power of our purpose and beliefs."
TCF’s new ad campaign that launched Monday was developed in partnership with Doner, its advertising agency of record. The brand launch will be supported by an integrated marketing strategy that includes TV, radio, print, digital and social media.
About TCF: TCF Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: TCF) is a Detroit, Michigan-based financial holding company with $50 billion in total assets at June 30, 2020 and a top 10 deposit market share in the Midwest. TCF’s primary banking subsidiary, TCF National Bank, is a premier Midwest bank offering consumer and commercial banking, trust and wealth management, and specialty leasing and lending products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. TCF has approximately 475 banking centers primarily located in Michigan, Illinois and Minnesota with additional locations in Colorado, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. TCF also conducts business across all 50 states and Canada through its specialty lending and leasing businesses. To learn more about TCF, visit ir.tcfbank.com.
Click here to subscribe to news release email alerts for TCF Financial Corporation.
Source: TCF Financial Corporation
TCF Press Contact:
Randi Berris (Media)
Timothy Sedabres (Investors)