To keep you updated with the latest news here and abroad, Yahoo! Philippines is giving you a roundup of morning headlines. Here are things you need to know this Thursday, August 15:
1. Napoles, brother up for arrest. Authorities from the National Bureau of Investigation are now hunting down businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles, the alleged brains behind the P10 billion pork barrel scam, and her brother Reynaldo Lim, after a Makati court issued an arrest warrant.
2. U.S. access talks begin. The Philippines and the United States began talks on Wednesday aimed at allowing a increased U.S. rotational presence on the country’s soil, amid tensions with China.
3. It wasn’t marital rape, Cesar Montano’s camp claims. Cesar Montano’s camp denied the accusations of his estranged wife Sunshine Cruz, who filed a complaint against him for alleged physical and sexual abuse.
4. FEU star, ex-Ateneo player in Twitter war. The bitterness of losing for the first time this season apparently got to Far Eastern University point guard Terrence Romeo, who couldn't resist getting into a Twitter war with former Ateneo forward Nico Salva minutes after the Tamaraws fell to the National University Bulldogs in their first game of the UAAP Season 76 second round.
5. 10 ways to beat ‘B.O.’ and dark underarms. Are you proud of your pits? A study said 87 percent of Filipinas think that their underarms can be a beauty asset; however, more than half rank their armpits as one of the three body parts that they are unhappiest with. Here are practical tips in caring for your underarms.
Video you should watch:
Today in history: Japan surrendered unconditionally August 15, 1945, thus ending World War II.