Julianne Moore may play the villain in Kingsman: The Golden Circle, but she makes being bad look really good. The Oscar-winning actress describes her character, Poppy Adams, as “very, very feminine” with hair, makeup, and nails that are “done.”
To match the outwardly wholesome aesthetic of Poppy, Moore‘s red hair is styled in a perfect center part with S-waves. Not a single strand appears out of place, and her hair is much thicker than what we typically see on the red carpet.
So what’s the trick to faking fuller locks? Watch the video above to see how Stunning Braids author and hairstylist Monaè Everett uses volumizing mousse and thickening sprays to give fine hair a lift.
1. Apply Schwarzkopf Osis + Grip Volume Extreme Hold Mousse to mid-shaft and ends of hair.
2. Spritz Aveda Thickening Tonic all over strands. Pro tip: Add heat with a blow dryer to set the products.
3. Use a nylon brush to achieve the perfect blowout.
4. Clamp and curl small sections of hair, leaving the ends out. Pro Tip: Monaè used the Hot Tools 1 and ¼ inch curling iron and rotated the iron away from the face to get that “S” shape.
5. Repeat Step 4 across entire head until fully curled.
6. Once curls cool, rake a shine-enhancing product like Redken Outshine 01 Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk through to loosen into waves.
7. Want more volume? Mist Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish directly onto hair while gently lifting locks.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- Chrissy Metz proves you shouldn’t be afraid of green eyeshadow
- Get Kaia Gerber’s sporty pony in 7 simple steps
- Ashley Graham levels of sexiness are completely achievable with this smoky eye