Ilocos Norte province was placed under a state of calamity due to the damage it sustained from Typhoon Odette (Usagi), the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Sunday evening.
The NDRRMC, in its 7 p.m. update, said the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council "declared the whole province of Ilocos Norte under the State of Calamity."
"On 22 September 2013, PDRRMC Ilocos Norte convened the council and declared the whole province of Ilocos Norte under the State of Calamity," it said.
Also, the NDRRMC reported at least one more person was reported missing in Mansalay town in Mindoro Oriental.
It identified the missing person as Emar Pintazon, 13, who went fishing aboard his motor banca Saturday, Sept. 21, but has yet to return. The NDRRMC said the death toll remains at two.
Also, it said Odette had affected at least 4,326 families or 19,992 people in Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Mimaropa, Bicol, Western Visayas, and Cordillera.
Some 50 houses had been destroyed while 145 were damaged, it added.
The NDRRMC said Batanes and Calayan are still experiencing power interruptions but as a preventive measure of the National Power Corp.
Sablayan and Abra de Ilog in Occidental Mindoro are also experiencing power interruptions, it added. – KDM, GMA News