Ukraine strengthens defense with three lines of fortifications — Zelenskyy

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

The core of the Russian army has been destroyed, said Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, revealing Ukraine’s initiative to construct three lines of defense along the entire front line in an interview with French broadcasters Le Monde and BFMTV on March 12.

The fortifications would cover the entire front line and extend to the border with Belarus, focusing on specific oblasts and contact lines in the east, south, and north, Zelenskyy said.

Read also: Ukraine halts Russian battlefield advance — Zelenskyy

The President dismissed any notion of a Russian offensive from Belarus. He highlighted Ukraine’s ongoing efforts to construct fortifications, characterizing it as a significant undertaking.

Zelenskyy earlier outlined the construction of three lines of fortifications spanning 2,000 kilometers.

Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers, under the President’s directive, allocated over UAH 1.3 billion ($34.2 million) for the construction of fortifications in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, the regional governor, Ivan Fedorov, said on March 1.

Read also:

Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said on Feb. 13 that the government had already allocated UAH 20 billion ($520 million) for fortifications in 2024.

We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!

Read the original article on The New Voice of Ukraine