You mastered a bun, you've practiced a fishtail braid – so why not put the looks together for a fishtail topknot?
That’s the advice from celebrity hairdresser Adam Reed who says combining the two runway-staples will create a gorgeous look for fall.
Here are celebrity hairdresser Adam Reed’s tips for creating a stunning fishtail bun.
All you need is a hairbrush, some hairspray and a couple of hairbands.
And if you’re finding the fishtail a bit fiddly, you can always swap it for an easy peasy braid, which will look just a chic.
1. The first step is to divide the hair into two sections, one at the back and another at the front. Pull the back section up into a ponytail and give it a brush with a soft dressing brush, sprayed with some Percy & Reed Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray hairspray. Doing this helps form the hair and gives control. Next tie the ponytail, ideally with a hook band.
2. Now do exactly the same with the front section. Gather it into a ponytail and secure with a band.
3. The next step is to fishtail braid each of the two ponytails so you end up with a front and a back plait.
4. Then take the front braid and roll it down nesting into the back braid and securing with a geisha pin.
5. Give a generous spritz of hair spray and you’re ready to go.
© Cover Media