Two senatorial bets from the opposition ticket slammed what they called "last-minute" black propaganda hurled against them a day before the polls.
Reelectionist Senator Gregorio "Gringo" Honasan belied claims that he is quitting the race, while former Senator Juan Miguel "Migz" Zubiri denied sending an press statement hitting a rival.
"Wala pong katotohanan na ako ay umaatras sa aking kandidatura sa pagka-senador (There is no truth to claims that I am dropping my Senate bid)," Honasan said Sunday.
An email attributed to Honasan said the veteran legislator is withdrawing for the senatorial race to fulfill his "greater duty" to his family
"I have received information that as the polls open tomorrow, my opponents will execute the final phase of their plan--which involves allegations that could potentially cause irreparable damage to my family," the statement read.
Related story: UNA's Binay warns of poll cheating amid Team PNoy 'mind conditioning'
The rumor is a "desperate attempt" to demoralize supporters, a move Honasan attributed to "ill-minded people who cannot wait for the voters' voice and judgment."
"Wala po sa aking ugali ang isuko ang ano mang laban at paninindigan (It is not in my nature to give up any battle or principle)," Honasan's statement read.
Zubiri, for his part, said his office did not send a press release which reportedly attacks Senator Aquilino Martin "Koko" Pimentel III.
The release said Pimentel, who is admitted stranged from his wife Jewel Lobaton, should "take care of his home" and leave the Senate to Zubiri.
Also read: Poe, Pimentel vow to make peace with rivals in UNA
"The last official press release issued by the my office was the endorsement of Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago on me last Thursday," Zubiri said Sunday.
He added that he will ask the National Bureau of Investigation to probe the incident and file charges against those behind it.
"We strongly condemn such last minute desperate attack to destroy my integrity and reputation," Zubiri said.
This is not the first time UNA bets cried foul over fake emails sent to the media using their own camps' emails.
Senate aspirant and Cagayan Rep. Jack Enrile late last month denied releasing a statement about his alleged involvement in the 1981 death of actor Alfie Anido.