KUALA LUMPUR: Participants of the Special Actions Unit (UTK) training exercise, who suffered from heat stroke last Thursday, will continue with the course at the Royal Malaysian Technical College in Bakri, Muar. Bukit Sentosa Malaysian Police training centre (Pulapol) commander, Superintendent Osman Mamat, said those who had obtained consent from the doctor would be allowed to resume the training. “The UTK selection course will resume, the next round will be held in Bakri, Muar. Those who were not suffered from heat stroke will report to Royal Malaysian Technical College. “For those who involved in the incident that day, they need to get the consent from the doctor,” he said when contacted today. Meanwhile, one of the victims who refused to be named said he and his friends, who were admitted to Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital in Klang, had been discharged. “I was discharged on Saturday, two day after the incident. My other friends had also discharged,” he said briefly when contacted today. A victim’s father informed that his son would report himself to Muar on Saturday to continue the training. Last week, 61 out of 85 participants of the UTK selection course were rushed to hospital after being attacked by heat stroke while undergoing training at Bukit Sentosa Pulapol. They were sent to several hospitals near the training centre, including Sungai Buloh Hospital and Kuala Lumpur Hospital for treatment.
Participants of the Special Actions Unit (UTK) training exercise, who suffered from heat stroke last Thursday, will continue with the course at the Royal Malaysian Technical College in Bakri, Muar. NSTP FILE PIC
© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd