SINGAPORE – A male student from Yio Chu Kang Primary School has tested positive for COVID-19 and as a result, the school will move to three days of full home-based learning (HBL) from Friday (15 May).
The HBL is to enable authorities to complete and finalise the results of testing and epidemiological investigations.
In a press release on Thursday, the Ministry of Education (MOE) said that the student tested positive on Wednesday and that infection is not "school-based".
"The Ministry of Health (MOH) has determined that this is not as school-based infection as the student was infected from a household member," the MOE said.
The student was last in school on Monday and was well. On Tuesday, the student did not attend school as he was unwell and consulted a doctor.
The school has "thoroughly cleaned and disinfected the school premises, and MOH has placed students and staff who had been in close contact with the student on Quarantine Order", the MOE said. The quarantine for this group started on Wednesday and will last till 24 May.
All close contacts will also undergo their COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) swab tests, as required by MOH.
On Thursday, the MOH announced 24 new community cases, with 18 linked to previous cases.
More Singapore news:
Stay in the know on-the-go: Join Yahoo Singapore's Telegram channel at http://t.me/YahooSingapore
More Singapore stories: