An 11-year-old boy who died after a drive-by gunman opened fire into a crowd of children has been named.
Dominic Davis was killed and four other children were injured when 22 rounds were fired in "quick succession" at the group, who were playing outside near a park in the West End district of Cincinnati, police said.
No one has been arrested.
Officers said it was too early to say whether the shooting, which happened just before 9.30pm local time on Friday, was random or targeted.
Local media said the scene was a short walk from a playground, a day care centre and a girls' dance studio.
Dominic was named by the Hamilton County Coroner's Office on Monday.
Speaking at an earlier press conference, Dominic's father Isaac Davis said: "When will this stop? Will this ever stop?
"How many people have to bury their kids, their babies, their loved ones?"
The injured children included three boys, aged 12, 13 and 15, along with a 15-year-old girl.
A 53-year-old woman was also hurt.
One of the victims is in a stable condition in hospital, while the others have been discharged and are recovering at home, police said.
Detectives appealed for help in identifying the shooter, who was in a sedan car.
Cincinnati mayor Aftab Pureval described the area as a "vibrant neighbourhood" and said the shooting had been "a horrific tragedy."
He said: "Our friends and neighbours are feeling unimaginable fear, trauma, and anger."
The mayor also vowed to "give everything we have to deliver justice against this sickening, heartless violence."
He added: "The parents, and the kids themselves we talked to, don't feel safe, and I frankly can't blame them."
It comes after a nine-year-old girl was killed in a drive-by shooting in Cincinnati in July.