SINGAPORE — The hose reel cabinets at Block 210A Bukit Batok Street 21 where a fire happened recently were padlocked to prevent vandalism, said Jurong-Clementi Town Council on Thursday (14 November), according to a TODAY report.
Singapore Civil Defence Force firefighters had to break one of the cabinets to access the hose reel in response to the fire on 1 November but were unable to use it as there was no water supply. Instead, they extinguished the fire using water from the SCDF’s emergency vehicles.
“As a precaution, a small padlock was used to prevent casual vandalism. We have since removed all padlocks,” Ana Zakaria, the public relations manager for the town council, told TODAY in an email.
The incident prompted SCDF to issue a warning to the town council.
Three casualties were conveyed to Singapore General Hospital for burn injuries and smoke inhalation.
Other Singapore stories