The official cause of death for Dana Carvey’s son Dex has been revealed. The L.A. County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed Tuesday that Carvey died from a lethal combination of fentanyl, ketamine and cocaine and the cause is listed as accidental.
The report confirms his parents” initial statement when Carvey passed on November 15, 2023. “Last night we suffered a terrible tragedy. Our beloved son, Dex, died of an accidental drug overdose. He was 32 years old,” the statement from Dana and Paula Carvey said.
More from Deadline
Dex Carvey’s girlfriend called 911 on the evening of November 15, authorities said. He had apparently locked himself in the bathroom and was unresponsive when authorities arrived. They were unsuccessful in attempts to revive him.
Dex Carvey opened for his father’s 2016 Netflix special, Straight White Male.
His parents’ statement went on to say, “Dex packed a lot into those 32 years. He was extremely talented at so many things — music, art, film making, comedy — and pursued all of them passionately,” adding he “loved his family, his friends and his girlfriend, Kaylee. Dex was a beautiful person. His handmade birthday cards are a treasure. We will miss him forever.”
They added, “To anyone struggling with addiction or who loves someone struggling with addiction, you are in our hearts and prayers.”
Best of Deadline