Advertisement

Harry, Meghan, King Charles React To Princess Kate’s Cancer Revelation

Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have issued a statement after the stunning cancer announcement today by Princess Kate Middleton.

The couple, who have been largely estranged from royal family members, wished the Princess of Wales “health and healing” for her and her family.

More from Deadline

“We wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace,” Harry and Meghan said in a statement provided to news agencies.

Princess Kate announced in a video message on Friday that cancer was discovered following her January abdominal surgery. She is undergoing preventative chemotherapy on the advice of her medical team.

King Charles III has also issued a statement in response to his daughter-in-law’s cancer diagnosis.

The king said he is “so proud of Catherine for her courage in speaking as she did,” a spokesperson from Buckingham Palace said in a statement.

The 42-year-old Princess Kate was hospitalized for nearly two weeks in January following abdominal surgery.

Her revelation comes after Buckingham Palace announced last month that the British King has a form of cancer.

The two have “remained in the closest contact with his beloved daughter-in-law throughout the past weeks,” the palace’s statement said. King Charles and Camilla, Queen Consort, “will continue to offer their love and support to the whole family through this difficult time.”

Best of Deadline

Sign up for Deadline's Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.