Would anyone ever consider breaking their ankle to be the best thing that ever happened to them? For Leonard Kim, it was.
As they say, once hitting rock bottom, the only way to go is up. For Leonard Kim, now a Co-founder at Influence Tree, he has climbed back from homelessness to be one of the biggest personal brand managers in Asia.
The most ironic twist of this rags-to-riches story is Kim received a stroke of luck in the form of a broken ankle. Bed-ridden, he suddenly had months of free time, which he used to build his brand on sites like Quora, Medium and Facebook.
With over 400,000 followers on Twitter, Kim gives personal advice about how to build you brand around your unique personality traits.
Shownotes are below.
Links from today’s episode
- Read the full transcript from Leonard’s interview
- Follow Leonard on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Find out more about Leonard at LeonardKim.com
- Become an influencer and grow your brand with Influence Tree
Detailed show notes
- (1:47) Leonard’s background in under 30 seconds
- (2:19) On the myth of the overnight success
- (5:00) Leonard leverages his failures to start building his personal brand
- (7:26) Life gets worse for Leonard before it gets better
- (9:45) How a broken ankle led Leonard to inward reflection and massive action
- (12:23) Leonard embraces fear and starts to build his audience by being open and honest
- (14:26) Leonard offers Jay some practical advice for growing the JKS audience
- (18:25) How to write a winning bio that people can relate to
- (19:43) Leonard’s proven process for growing your social media following
- (22:22) Where to get noticed online, even if you’re just starting out
- (25:39) How long do you need to create consistent content before getting noticed?
- (28:20) How to get your article in big-name publications
- (29:35) Leonard’s big plans for 2017 and his work with Influence Tree
The post The Jay Kim Show: Leonard Kim on building a personal brand appeared first on e27.