New Year's eve party goers, rejoice — you’ll be able to save money on your trip home after ushering in the new year, as Singapore Mass Rapid Transit (SMRT) and SBS Transit will be extending their train and some of their bus services on Saturday night.
In a statement released on Thursday, SMRT announced that trains on the North-South and East-West lines will run past 3am, and trains on the Circle line, Bukit Panjang Light Rail Transit (LRT) line and some of its bus services will be extended to match the last departure times of their respective connecting trains.
SBS Transit is also extending its North East Line and LRT services by about one and a half hours, with trains averaging a frequency of between five and six and a half minutes.
26 of its feeder bus services operating in 12 heartland towns will also be extended on New Year’s eve, timed to depart from their interchanges after the last trains have departed their corresponding stations.
Services 97 and 133 will depart at 1am from Marina Centre Terminal and Shenton Way Terminal respectively, while service 400 will leave Shenton Way Terminal at 1:30am.
SBS Transit’s Nite Owl services will run from midnight till 4am, and SMRT’s Night Rider bus services will also be plying their regular routes from New Year’s eve to New Year’s day, although several bus services from both operators will be diverted from their journeys in view of various countdown parties taking place across the island.
Last trains departing on New Year’s Eve/Day morning:
North-South and East-West lines:
• From Marina Bay (Northbound): 2:10am. This last train will end at Jurong East, with no further East-West line connection, although passengers on this train will be able to transfer to the Circle Line either at Bishan or Dhoby Ghaut stations.
• From Jurong East (Southbound):
- To Marina Bay: 1:04am. Passengers on this train can connect to the last Circle Line trains at Bishan (in both directions) and Dhoby Ghaut (ending at Caldecott station).
- To Ang Mo Kio: 2:37am
- To Kranji: 2:42am
• From Joo Koon (Eastbound): 1:37am. Passengers on this train can connect to the last northbound train (ending at Jurong East) at Raffles Place station, as well as the Circle Line in both directions at Buona Vista and Paya Lebar stations.
• From Pasir Ris (Westbound): 1:47am. Passengers on this train can connect to the last northbound train to Jurong East from City Hall station, as well as the Circle Line in both directions at Buona Vista and Paya Lebar stations.
• Train services to Changi Airport and Expo stations will not be extended, however.
• From Dhoby Ghaut (to HarbourFront): 1:43am.
- To Pasir Panjang: 1:49am
- To Caldecott: 2:05am
- To Tai Seng: 2:20am
• From Paya Lebar (to HarbourFront): 2:00am. Passengers on this train can connect to the East-West line ending at Pasir Ris and Joo Koon stations.
• From Bishan (to HarbourFront): 2:14am. Passengers on this train can connect to a northbound train service ending at Jurong East. The last northbound train leaves Bishan at 2:29am.
• From Buona Vista (to HarbourFront): 2:30am. Passengers should arrive at Buona Vista station by 2:31am to catch the last westbound train to Joo Koon.
• From HarbourFront (to Dhoby Ghaut): 12:55am.
- To Mountbatten: 1:43am
- To Bartley: 2:03am
- To Botanic Gardens: 2:19am
North East Line:
• From HarbourFront (to Punggol): 12:54am.
- To Dhoby Ghaut: 1:18am
- To Outram: 1:24am
• From Punggol (to HarbourFront): 1:26am.
- To Outram: 1:29am
- To Dhoby Ghaut: 1:35am
• Bukit Panjang LRT: Last train departs Choa Chu Kang at 3:10am.
• Sengkang LRT: Last train departs town centre at 2:02am.
• Punggol LRT: Last train departs town centre at 2:04am.
Bus service extensions on New Year’s Eve:
• From Ang Mo Kio bus interchange: 261 and 269 will depart at 2:50am.
• From Bedok bus interchange: 222, 225G, 228 and 229 will depart at 2:50am.
• From Bishan bus interchange: 410W will depart at 3am.
• From Boon Lay bus interchange: 181, 240, 241 and 243G will depart at 3:05am.
• From Bukit Batok bus interchange: 173A, 189A, 941, 945 and 947 will depart at 3:15am.
• From Choa Chu Kang bus interchange: 300, 302 and 307 will depart at 3:10am.
• From Clementi bus interchange: 282 will depart at 2:55am.
• From Eunos bus interchange: 60A and 63A will depart at 2:45am.
• From Hougang Central bus interchange: 325 will depart at 2:55am.
• From Jurong East bus interchange: 51A, 333 and 334 will depart at 2:55am.
• From Pasir Ris bus interchange: 358 and 359 will depart at 3am.
• From Sembawang bus interchange: 859A will depart at 3:05am.
• From Serangoon bus interchange: 315 will depart at 2:55am.
• From Tampines bus interchange: 291, 292 and 293 will depart at 2:55am.
• From Toa Payoh bus interchange: 232 and 238 will depart at 2:40am.
• From Woodlands Regional interchange: 901, 911, 912 and 913 will depart at 3am.
• From Yishun bus interchange: 804 and 812 will depart at 3:10am.
Bus service diversions on New Year’s Eve:
• 36, 56, 70M, 97, 111, 133, 162M, 195 and the six Nite Owl services (1N to 6N) will skip bus stops at the Seating Gallery (02051) and The Esplanade (02061) from 6pm on New Year’s Eve to 1:30am on New Year’s Day.
• 10, 57, 97, 100, 130, 131, 133 and 196 will skip 10 bus stops along Esplanade Drive, Fullerton Road, Connaught Drive, Collyer Quay, Marina Boulevard and Bayfront Avenue from 11:30pm to 1:30am.
• 400 and 402 may be temporarily diverted, looping at Marina Station Road and skipping bus stops after Marina Bay MRT station if traffic is congested in the Marina South area between 6pm and 11:59pm on New Year’s Eve.
• 99, 240 and 246 will be diverted away from eight bus stops along Boon Lay Place, Boon Lay Drive and Corporation road between 6pm on New Year’s Eve and 1am on New Year’s Day.
• 75, 77, 106, 167, 171, 700A, 857, 960 and Night Rider services NR1, NR2, NR5, NR6, NR7 and NR8 will be diverted, skipping six bus stops from 11:30pm to 1am along Temasek Avenue, Raffles Avenue, Collyer Quay, Fullerton Road and Esplanade Drive.
*Information above provided by SMRT and SBS Transit. For more details on extensions and diversions, click here, here and here for information from SBS Transit, and here for information from SMRT. You can also follow @SMRT_Singapore on Twitter for real-time updates.