Cuomo, who announced his diagnosis earlier this week, said that nighttime was the worst.
Cuomo described how he could feel his temperature rise even as he was getting ready to go on the air, and said he had lost 13 pounds in two days, mostly through sweat.
“I will get pain in my face now, headaches, profuse sweating,” he said. “Literally my vision in my left eye is a little blurry from pressure, from sinus pressure and some manifestation of the virus.”
Cuomo said he was told to endure the fever as much as possible to help fight off the infection, even though it makes sleeping difficult.
“And you have these wicked phantasmagorical experiences that are not dreams,” he said, describing how he saw his father, the late NY Gov. Mario Cuomo, sitting on the end of his bed so vividly that he could testify to it under oath.
As he did on Wednesday night, Gupta suggested that Cuomo take a night off to rest and recover.
See more of the conversation in the clips below:
"The beast comes at night as we know the health care workers have taking to call the virus ... I understand why. My fever has gone up a couple of degrees in the last 30 minutes. Nights are tough." - @ChrisCuomo, who tested positive for Covid-19, discusses his symptoms. pic.twitter.com/spfDdilnNg— CNN (@CNN) April 3, 2020
"Pain in my face... headaches, profuse sweating. Literally, my vision in my left eye is a little blurry," @ChrisCuomo says of his coronavirus symptoms.— CNN (@CNN) April 3, 2020
"And you have these wicked phantasmagorical experiences that are not dreams," he says. https://t.co/83d4itSajm #CNNTownHall pic.twitter.com/jjzIonuJ1s
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- The coronavirus worker revolt is just beginning
- Heads up: Not all your tax deadlines have been postponed
- I just got out of a COVID-19 ICU. Here’s how I made it through.
- How to make a no-sew coronavirus face mask
- What to do if you live with someone with COVID-19
- There’s a simple game that can stop a tantrum cold
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism – and keep it free for everyone – by becoming a HuffPost member today.
This article originally appeared on HuffPost.