One of the main topics we cover on Vulcan Post is online shopping. Everyone loves shopping, and because of that, e commerce has grown a lot in recent years especially in Singapore.
But just how much has the e commerce and online shopping industry grown?
Flipit, an online site where you can find the best deals for your favourite online shops, has recently shared with us some interesting statistics:
- Some of the main reasons for increase in e commerce sales include increased Internet access
- The most popular shopping category online is travel
- The least popular shopping category online is food and groceries
- 50% of e commerce traffic in Singapore is accessed via mobile
- The most used social media platform is YouTube, with 3.93 million active users
As more and more people gain access to the Internet, they are also shifting their buying power online too. With websites like Qoo10, Zalora, Rakuten and Taobao, eager for the piece of the online retail pie, there has been debate on whether traditional brick and mortar stores are losing their appeal.
The post [INFOGRAPHIC] Online Shopping Statistics in Singapore appeared first on Vulcan Post.