He said: “To cheer the morning up, I’m just through the other side of it. It’s been 20 days. And I feel well now.”
When asked if he had Covid-19, Rinder replied: “I think I did but because front-line NHS staff can’t get tests I refused to pay for one. But I’m sure I’m fine.”
The TV judge then described some of his symptoms, revealing he had a “terrible temperature” and “appalling cough”.
- When can we really expect coronavirus to end?
- Everything you need to know on supermarket delivery slots
- The dirty truth about washing your hands
- Which countries around the world has coronavirus spread to?
- Listen to the latest episode of The Independent Coronavirus Podcast
He added: “I was lying with my feet on the ground, my head on the bed, in a coma watching the Kardashians. So I must have been really ill.”
Rinder was on the show to give legal advice to callers on issues such as moving home, having weddings cancelled and future employment during lockdown.