Australian developer Lendlease has unveiled its first senior living project in China. The international developer already operates more than 70 senior living communities for about 17,000 residents in Australia. Lendlease says the project in China signifies its long-term commitment to the Chinese market.
Located in Zhujiajiao, a town within the Qingpu district of Shanghai, the development is called Ardor Gardens and comprises over 850 apartments that can house 1,300 residents. Ardor Gardens will feature recreational areas, health and wellness facilities, a spa, a swimming pool, a restaurant, and a community clubhouse.
Ardor Gardens will be the first senior living project in China by Lendlease (Picture: Lendlease)
The development is close to the Zhujiajiao station on Metro Line 17 which provides access to Shanghai’s city centre and Hongqiao’s integrated transport hub. The latter includes Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport and an interchange with five subway lines and inter-city high-speed rail lines.
“Seniors are looking for living options where they can reside in a safe, healthy and social environment that also facilitates leisure, sports, cultural activities and travel,” says Yang Ai Chian, managing director, senior living, for Lendlease in China. “We will be incorporating large public spaces within Ardor Gardens for our residents that will enable them to organise daily social activities and family get-togethers.”
The development is already under construction, and the new visitor and sales centre will open later this year. Residents will move into Ardor Gardens from 2021.
- Singapore Property for Sale & Rent, Latest Property News, Advanced Analytics Tools
- Suntec REIT acquires Adelaide office building for $141 mil
- CCT acquires 94.9% stake in Frankfurt office for $387 mil
- Keppel Land in tie-up to build residential development in Ho Chi Minh City
- Chinese cities experiment with new approach to land sales while Hong Kong sticks with highest-bidder model
- En Bloc Calculator, Find Out If Your Condo Will Be The Next en-bloc
- HDB Resale Flats Up For Sale, Affordable Units Available