Domestic violence charges against Houston Astros pitcher Roberto Osuna were withdrawn by prosecutors in Toronto on Tuesday after the victim in the case declined to testify.
Former Blue Jays star Osuna, who was banned for 75 games earlier this year through suspension linked to the case, has agreed to a one-year peace bond, similar to a restraining order.
Under the terms of the bond, Osuna is barred from contacting his victim without her consent for one year and must undergo counselling.
Prosecutors earlier told the court there was "no reasonable prospect of conviction" after the Mexican player's alleged victim declined to testify in the case.
Osuna, 23, later issued a statement welcoming the conclusion of the case.
"I am pleased and relieved by today's court decision," Osuna said.
"Now I can begin to put these allegations behind me and focus on baseball. I want to thank my family, teammates and fans for believing in me.
"I am grateful to the Astros for providing me with the opportunity to play baseball and compete for a World Series championship."
"I will make no further comments about this matter, as I plan on moving past this and look only to the future," he added.
Osuna was charged with assault after an alleged altercation with the mother of his three-year-old son.
The woman later returned to Mexico after the incident and has not returned, prosecutors told the court.