“I didn't steal your car but I think my mom may have. It's a long story. I'll explain, but your car is safe and sound," read the flier posted in Red Hook, Brooklyn. It’s a strange tale that began when Cheyrl Thorpe was asked by her daughter Nekisia Davis to dog sit her Pomeranian at her apartment, according to New York Magazine.
The evolution of the 9/11 conspiracy theoriesBy BBC News | BBC News – Thu, Sep 8, 2011
- How a mom stole a car in under 60 seconds 9 hours ago
- All-new 2015 Subaru Outback reestablishes higher ground 11 hours ago
Much of Subaru’s modern day success in America can be attributed to one car: the Outback. Born in 1994 as a response to the growing popularity of SUVs, the Outback established a winning formula of combining a high-riding suspension, butch body cladding and big round fog lights to its comfortable, no-nonsense Legacy wagon. It is the kind of unique product that only a quirky company like Subaru could build, and was one that kept Subaru from slipping into ubiquity even as traditional SUVs and crossovers have taken over the world.
- Custom faux-tique electric tram aims to replace New York's horses over the neigh-sayers 12 hours ago
For the record, it's the year 2014. I mention that in case someone reading this story about a push to replace horses with motorized carriages thinks they've stumbled onto some archival piece by accident. It's been more than 100 years since the first vehicles began to trundle around Manhattan, but the last remaining vestiges of horse-powered transport in the city could be nigh — if the backers of a massive electric wagon get their way.
- Singaporeans slam NEA's $120 licence requirement for tissue sellers
- Heartbreaking texts from students on sinking S. Korea ferry
Heart-wrenching messages of fear, love and despair, sent by high school students from a sinking South Korean ferry, added extra emotional weight Thursday to a tragedy that has stunned the nation. Nearly 300 people -- most of them students on a high school trip to a holiday island -- are still missing after the ferry capsized and sank on Wednesday morning. Mom, I love you," student Shin Young-Jin said in a text to his mother that was widely circulated in the South Korean media.
- ‘Huge’ Hindu, Buddhist statues against Islam, ex-judge says
Today on Yahoo
Latest Sports Blog Posts
- Thousands of fake World Cup trophies confiscated in China
- UFC newcomer Alex White's miraculous life
- Ball Don’t Lie’s 2013-14 Playoff Previews: Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Ball Don’t Lie’s 2013-14 Playoff Previews: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Web.com Tour player rips into Nick Faldo for taking a spot at the RBC Heritage